Master of Education
Special Education – Mild/Moderate Disabilities Certified
Special Education – Mild/Moderate Disabilities Certified, Master of Education
Provide essential support to students with Exceptional Learning Needs (ELN) with NAU’s Master of Education in Special Education – Mild/Moderate Disabilities. Our master’s degree in Special Education program will teach you to foster cultural understanding, safety and emotional well-being, positive social interactions, and active engagement for your students. Our compassionate and committed faculty will prepare you for a rewarding career in the field of special education, where the demand for teachers is greater than the number of qualified candidates.
NAU’s master’s in Special Education program highlights include:
- available in person or online to accommodate working professionals
- includes fieldwork, internships, and/or student teaching
- leads to certification/licensure with the Arizona Department of Education
- emphasizes the importance of understanding the effects exceptional conditions can have on the learning experience
- develops an understanding of how the field of special education is evolving through evidence-based principles, laws and policies, and diverse historical points of view
This program is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
Structured online degrees have five start dates each semester, so you can enroll on your timeline.
- In-person: Flagstaff, NAU–Yuma
- Online: Structured